Saturday, October 15, 2005

Money well spent?

After ten long years of waiting, it is finally here again. Yes!! I was just thinking bout it a month back and then they announced it on the air. Is it for real? Excitedly, I went on the net for inquiry. The monitor screen flashes the answer to my unconvinced state of mind.

Precious: “Dear, a bit expensive lay.”
Mr Lee: “Ya lor. But it may be the last time I see them together here in Singapore.”
Precious: “So you're going? Ok. I'll see you after it has ended.”
Mr Lee: “What after it ended? You're coming with me.”
Precious: “Huh? You sure? Wah then VERY expensive to pay for two people lay.”
(She already assumes I would be paying for her share. Women are good. Leave you with no room to bargain.)
Mr Lee: “Of course you're coming with me lah. (Heartache) I'm not going alone. Somemore none of my friends is able to make it. They have totally LOST their Mojo and spent their money on useless stuff and unnecessary luxuries to be able to afford it. Sad for them really.”
Precious: “Or you go alone and enjoy yourself lah. I'm ok with it since I'm not really into them.”
(Trust me, woman are NEVER 'ok' with it.)
Mr Lee: “Jump up and down by myself meh? Wait people say what is this Lao beng doing by himself how?”
Precious: “You REALLY want to go? Very EXPENSIVE lay.”
Mr Lee: “Hmm....Ya lor. Think forget it lah. Don't go lah.”
Precious: “Are you sure you REALLY DON'T want to go? Been 10 years lay. Maybe you have to wait another 10 years for them to come. If they do come again."
Mr Lee: “Err....nevermind lah. I will LUN! Could always listen to the CDs even if the feeling is different. ”
Precious: “You REALLY sure? The cost price divided by 10 years is considered ok lah. About $30 per year.”
Mr Lee: “Hmm...err.....I can LUN lah!”
Precious: “REALLY? Don't regret later you know.”
Mr Lee: “Argghhh!! Ok lah! We GO! I will show you how rock and roll your darling is all about during my youth.”

Sigh...Guess once a true blue rocker, always a rocker. Though I am more into jazz nowadays. But I always have a thing against cover versions and supported original works.

Tonight I will ROCK the stadium with my buttercup and all the frantic fans. Once you have been to the live session before; the energy, the enthusiasm, the power, the unanimously sing-a-along, the feeling of unitedly. It will consume you and get you addicted. Oh well, let me indulge a bit tonight cos I haven't done so in a long time. My buttercup is more of a classical and pop queen while I am the "Rocking" king. ( Pun intended)
I just hope she don't fall asleep due to boredom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home