Saturday, September 10, 2005

Caged Mind

I just read Rockson latest entry on his blog. Seems like he's damn pissed off by a guy who wrote in the Straits Times Forum, complaining bout his choices of words and vulgarism "shooting" here and there, faster than you can say "what the...". I'm a bit disappointed really. Isn't blog supposed to be a venue whereby the author could portraits his true intentions and inner thoughts? Not to others but really to himself. Moreover, isn't the comment icon supposed to be used for REAL comments? Like nodding in agreement of the author's entries or disagreeing with it. Not as a personnel attack on the poor chap's pattern of vocal expression man! When has it evolved into the role of a mini forum? Stick to the main issue people.

Anyway, I am truly amazed by the power of people, the power of unity. It just took 41 comments on his entry before somebody posted the critic's blog address. Wah lau eh...really cannot anyhow offend people liao, especially online junkies. (Ya right, as if I really give a fuck as to whether I would provoke you people or not!!) There are nothing really to defend when your views are being questioned. It is after all, our own personnel opinions and it belongs to us alone.

I totally agree with sheltering the teenagers from all the ‘foul’ phrases or so. However, come on man! Have any of you seen the teenagers of today??!! Young small devil pricks. Average age of them having their first sexual encounter is at 12 for guys and 13 for girls.

And the average age of young punk having sex is getting younger and younger!!!

Not to mention their behaviors in the streets. I was a badass kid in my teens but the teens today really take the cake. I shall not explore further in depth except that I totally blame the parents for I believe it is the parent's role to take their children into hand, and any other reasoning such as "I'm too busy working to support the family" or "He/her is beyond my control" is just utterly rubbish and really for convenience. Therefore, do we blame s'pore hectic working lifestyle now, because it keeps us from spending quality time with our family? Do we blame the society for influencing our future generations then? Have we ever considered blaming ourselves?

How do you define 'foul' or vulgar languages anyway? Do saying the word 'fuck' means I am a bad man? Maybe I should say, "Make love" instead.

“Hey fuck you understand!” becomes “Hey make crazy love understand!”

Do screaming out names of human's sex organs causally condemned me as a chow ah beng? (For the info, I am and will always be Ah Lang—ancestors of the now all so popular evolved bengs)
What if I scream out normal human anatomy instead?

"Yo! Smelly armpits, watch where you're going you flabby arms!"
"Darn Hong Kong feet........!"
"Lim peh not happy understand? Your mother bushy eyebrows!"


Hmm..it does sound nicer and inviting. In fact, who is the culprit who first set the standard of vulgarities to features human reproductive organs in the first place? He could be laughing in his grave now for all you know, unable to believe that he managed to somehow revolutionize the cursing world after his time. As En Vogue say in their song ...Free your mind and the rest will follow.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put a link to your blog in mine.

Hope you don't mind.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home