Sunday, August 28, 2005

In Need of Time Out

Rushing to make sense of my project and what format or structure the report should abide by. It is very exhausting juggling both work, especially in the government defense sector and studies at the same time. Combined with the fact that I am engaged with a wonderful woman who required my constant company and attention, which I have no complains mind you, and is obliged to do so. Not to mention the conflicts at home. Really kind of demanding and stretched you to the limit. So yah, basically I have no life at all. Weekends are reserved for my honey and catching up with what I neglected for lectures. No surplus time to dispense with for socializing and meet up with old associates. Which they complained a lot about but heck, I have more important concerns to concentrate on. Like preparing for the future.

I am at what you would call a quarter life crisis periods now (assuming I lived to be 90-plus). Now, how much longer am I going to remain able-bodied enough to work? 30 years? 40 years? 50 years??!!! Wah. If I still need to work for 50 years, how to relax now? Life begins at 50 they say, so I need to ping now to retire at 50, mates! In addition, exactly how much do you require for retiring considering the economic and marketing fluctuations by the time you are 50 years old? People wake up!!! There is no time left!!! Moreover, I have not even included expenses of those with kids yet. Student loan, transport and meal allowances, tutions, clothing, entertainment, medical fee...etc...etc...etc. So do what you will since I can't be bothered anyway. It is your life and you chose which way you want to live it. However, don't blame Bon Jovi 50 years later when you are reflecting back on your life under the bridge, which you used as a joint.

No longer am I able to afford time for chionging anymore or frequent Ktv, billiard centers, pubs like those that I used to in my youth. Now that I have thought about it, what a waste of precious time and money! Damaging your eardrums with the excessively loud disco/techno music, gulping down hard liquor like its plain water. Yah...shiok for that period of moment but terrible hangover the next day. The issue here is time. Which I do not have the luxury to fritter away anymore. People around me always say take it easy. Relax...the boat will be straighten once it reach the harbor. Crap man! That is because people who said that are either rich enough to dwindle away their lives or just pure arrogant and lazy. Unless you plan to live a simple life with little desire or ambitions yet disregarding all those debts dangling around your shoulders like Christmas decors (My goodness...HDB loans, car loans, property tax, income tax, pub bills, ....the list goes on.), by all means go ahead. Otherwise, it is time to get out of your comfort zone. Unless it is your destiny to strike TOTO group 1 prize, I have nothing to say. Even then, the prize money is only considered peanuts nowadays. My folks are an example of simple life- pursuer. That's why I have to start everything from scratch and endure with the suffering....for now. Singapore lifestyles have been structured into such. There is no time for relaxation. Ya, there may be people flashing their status or showing off their spending prowess here and there but 10 years down the road, who knows what may happen.

My motto has always been "Suffer now enjoy later." However, that's just me. Cos my aim in life is to acquire enough wealth to provide for my family and love ones without having to be frugal on daily essential stuff and retire without a care in the world knowing my children are provided for or what I call “self-sustaining” when I kick off my shoes and lumber in the cold Bahamas waters. Until I do, sorry people, have to take a rain check. Beer's on me next time...if we do manage to meet up. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man.... well.... congrats on the opening of your personal rattering ground.... haahaa... it's good though to be planning about your future now though.. good luck on your life ahead man.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home