Monday, August 29, 2005

Man United Vs Newcastle

The match is being broadcast live on the tube now. Quite exciting, especially the cries of glory outside my house when Man U scored their second goal. It is time like this that soccer frantic conjugate to watch their heroes trying to thrash their opponents. You can hear their screams echoing across the entire blocks of flats nearby. During world cup season, it can be deafening. So what if the team you are supporting win? Unless you bet on Kick, it doesn't really make a difference right?

Though I do enjoy soccer, I have not been able to luxuriate in it since Brazil lost 3-0 to France during the second last world cup finals. Really kelong man! Even though I am not a Brazil fan, but so obvious by looking at the way the players performed. It is all bout money these days. So what does bringing home the golden globe do for you? Glory? Respect? But it doesn't pay your rents. Look at all those superstars of soccer like David Beckham or Zidane. Who would have thought by chasing a ball round an enclosed field that you would be earning millions back in the 80's? The period in time whereby your papa and mama scolded you for wasting time on soccer and basketball, forcing you to concentrate more on your studies instead. Maybe they're kicking themselves in the butt now. Doesn't matter if you win or lose. Just score some critical and beautiful goals now and then. I should have devoted myself to soccer when I was in my teen's man. What a waste!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home