Saturday, April 15, 2006

Time For A Change

If nothing that I set out to accomplish really turned out the way I expected, perhaps it is time I do the opposite.

Having figured that out, my next course of actions in the near future would be to:

1) Stop being kind and polite to unpleasant people.

2) Stop giving way to vehicles trying to change or cut into my lane.

3) Stop doing favors when people ask or beg me for it.

4) Stop feeding stray animals in coffee shops or any other places even when they glare at me with those sweet, innocent, irresistible cutie eyes.

5) Stop queuing in line for my turn during purchasing and making enquires.

6) Stop apologizing when bumping into sickening people even though it was THEM who didn’t pay any attention to where they’re going in the first place cos they’re so busy talking on their cell phone and their friends next to them to bother noticing where they’re heading.

7) Stop going along with “The flow” of friends/ colleagues/family/love ones and insist on what
I want and my methods of doing things cos in the end...I WAS RIGHT and they ended up doing it MY WAY ultimately!

8) Stop withholding everything in my heart trying to be Mr nice guy and voice out my dissatisfactions even if it meant unsightly and troublesome confrontations. I was never afraid in the first place so why am I acting so nice? Nice stands for weak!

9)
Stop bothering about what offensive people think/speak/feel behind my back as long as my consciences are clear!

10) Stop letting anger rule over me and do something about it when bitten on cos those repulsive idiots are laughing to themselves while wrath is consuming me inside as I am trying to be Mr nice guy!

Worth a shot, don't you think? If everything I planned, calculated, behaved, reacted, take action on is wrong and didn’t get me what I desired, then doing the complete opposite of what I have been doing MUST be right!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah Seh!! Mr Lee... dont you think the lit that you've came up with was a bit too many? It would be considered a FEAT to be able to change and achieve them all in one shot.
Hmm... may i suggest you KIV this list, and perhaps work on the changes (issues mentioned) one at a time.Move on to the next only when the previous has been achieved.
Anyway, its always good to welcome and embrace changes in life as we move on... dont force yourself in doing them, take them in your own comfortable stride.

Good Luck!!

Jimmy Oh

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Number 2 needs to be done with extreme care.

If the driver die die want to cut your lane, he can ignore that your car is there. No matter how loud your horn is, he can play deaf ear. :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Jimmy-- Thanks for the advice but I can't slow down, mate. Time is running out. We are not getting any younger and if we do not change NOW, we will not change in the future.

Human beings are procrastinator by nature. If you want to change something, it has to be done now, not tomorrow, cos tomorrow may not come. :]

Lancerlord-- I am with you man! Been experiencing this situation everyday on the road. I am sure you have too. If only I can afford and allowed to drive a tank on the road.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

Sometimes it can be quite hard on not giving way to the vehicle who tries to cut into your path. Such are the anal motorists we have on our roads, they will cut into your path without bothering to wave any apology even if you flashed your headlights or horn at them. If fact, they may even show us their middle finger ;p

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Michael Chua-- Exactly! Then if we bang into their vehicle, it is considered OUR fault in the eyes of the law!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home