Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Tab Too Far

There are certain type of abuse I never thought I would be subjected to but it sprung on me anyway without warning and left me surprised and angry. This is the sort of occurrences that would seem to happen only in movies, mainly comedy. What am I talking about?

Well, a fortnight ago, as I was waiting to pick my fiancee up from work, I parked my bike in a certain car park in YISHUN. As I was getting off my ride, “Smack!” I investigated closer and found the source of the noise to be an egg. A broken egg. Someone had just thrown an egg from his or her flat beside the car park and it just missed me by inches, impacting on my front tire instead. I looked up trying to source out the culprit but as to be expected, a futile effort. My goodness, I thought, you got to be kidding me!

In the past, prankster would throw down packets or balloons filled with water but I never encountered an incident with eggs being thrown before. I am not in some bloody riots now, am I? Anyway, I just laughed it off...for now.

So 5 days later when I went and picked up my fiancee in the SAME parking lot, in the SAME spot, after I meet up with her and proceed to my bike, what do I see? Her helmet was stolen this time! Good grief! Now I'm really pissed!


I would normally just place the helmets on the seats as they are quite old and damaged so, I thought it would not have any complications. Why would anyone wants to steal an old and damaged helmet anyway?!! It is not even a SHOEI helmet. Just your regular $45-$60 helmet. A couple of other bikes beside me also left their helmets on their seat where else only mine was stolen.

My fiancee pointed out to me that it is obviously a calculated crime targeted at me since it happened twice.

I told her it MUST be a crime to be handsome and have a beautiful fiancee that it irks some sort of jealously attack from moronic asshole.

Seriously, did people really have a kick out of doing such stuff? I have a friend whose younger brother stole an old helmet (One of those idiots) from a shopping centre parking lot and was caught red –handed via their security video cameras. He ended up paying a fine of $5000 or risked going to jail. Is it really worth the cheap trills for these people to be committing such petty crimes? I guess the idea of causing others disturbances and inconveniences are really fun and exciting.

Lucky there is an industrial area opposite the road where I could purchase a new helmet for my fiancee. On a lighter note, she seems very pleased to be wearing a new and fashionable helmet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mockingbird said...

Could it be the sound from your bike's engine which is deemed noisy by some intolerant resident?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Michael Chua-- It usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour to wait for my fiancee( You know women lah!) so I normally wait at the coffee shop and have a cup of coffee in front and switch off my engine the moment when I parked.

Don't think that would be noisy right, considering the blocks of flats there are all facing the main road with all the noise from moving traffic! " :|

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home