Saturday, January 28, 2006

No Luck

Like any other normal Singaporean, I purchase 4D and Toto regularly. I do strike some prizes now and then but never the “BIG MONEY” as I do not buy more than $5 for a set of numbers. Certainly not like the person in the papers a few weeks back who strike $14 MILLION in 4D. $14 MILLION...imagine that! How much would you have to purchase to win that much in 4D? You have to buy $1000 big and $4000 small! Would you bet so much on just ONE set of number? Common sense would be to acquire as many number combinations as you can to widen the chance of winning. This proves luck is really an important aspect in life. In this case, betting on the right numbers at the right time with the right amount and you would be set for life without any worries.



I have stopped betting on 4D and Toto for a while now. You know how it is, when you invest in a particular number, it will almost never open. When you stop buying, the number will come out on the day you stop. So overall, it somewhat just even out for me.

A few days back, I had a ‘feeling’ when I saw a couple of random numbers. Therefore, I copied it down. Later that day I went to see the doctor due to a case of stomach flu and again had the ‘feeling’ when I looked at the receipt number. In the evening, when I sat down at the coffee shop for dinner, there is a small sticker on the chair I am sitting on with four numbers printed on it. I scrawl it down again. On Wednesday, the day of the draw, my bike is having some problems and so off to the repair shop. I noticed a set of numbers on the back wall of the workshop and thought to myself: “I gotta stop with all this number shit.”. Nevertheless, I scribbled down the numbers as well.



All in all there were a total of 6 set of numbers which I would have bet on if this occurrences happened a few months back but I have since restrained myself from betting cos I wouldn't want to end up like a gambling addict in Jack Neo's movie [Money Not Enough]. Only in movies are the characters able to strike big time in 4D, I thought to myself, not in real life.

Well wouldn't you know it. The numbers I wrote down came out in the Wednesday draw. ALL BLOODY SIX SET OF THEM!! What are the odds of THAT happening??!! I may not have won $14 million if I betted on the whole lot but I am sure the papers would be interested in interviewing me on my incredible luck. WASTED MAN! Otherwise, it would be a REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME! What more can I say? I just hope this coming year of the dog brings me better luck...and let me know somehow in advance...please.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

Wow!

You kidding me, man!

Anyway, I have a friend who struck ToTo twice. $1.6 mil and $700k.

And he spent $1 on 2 set of quick pick nos each time.

Good luck!!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

My goodness! Now that's what I call REALLY lucky.
Guess I had better buy more Toto than 4D then. You never know. It could be you who won next time round right.

Anyway, Chinese New Year $10 million Toto draw is coming right? ;)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Yeah! Confirm its mine... the $10mil Toto prize.

Nice to dream about it before reality hits...

12:49 PM  
Blogger ....::sPellb0und::.... said...

no! it is mine!!!!

I need the money to save the WORLD!!!

*smirk*

3:45 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Ha-ha. Ok people, why don't we share the top prize money and not fight over it. After we won and spilt the money 3 ways, we will still get $3.333million each. That's quite enough for me...for the moment. Let's not be too greedy. :)

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home