Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Same Old, Same Old

Was in a moving crowd in Queenstown Shopping Centre the other day and some people were pushing others aside so they could get through. One particular woman behind me even went to the extend of saying: “Excuse me do you mind?!” with the 'stare' intact. Hello...you think I block your passage on purpose is it?! Can't you see the crowd in front and I am also a victim of the human sandwich?

One young lady girl went as far as to push me aside with her hands just so she could order a cup of bubble tea. No eye contact, no “excuse me”, no nothing.

What did I do? I snapped at both of them and make a scene in public lecturing about basic courtesy and manners. Strangely enough, everyone started making way for me to pass after that. My honey bum cupcake was of course oblivious to the whole scenarios cos she is very focus on getting a new pair of track shoes and can't be bothered to know what's happening around her. (That includes me. Maybe if I faint behind her she won't know it until 10 minutes later when she realized my grumpy complaining stops. Ha-ha)

This afternoon a car owner was parking headfirst and bangs his license plate cos he parked too near. I signaled to him to reverse and he gave me the 'look' as if I am too busybody and doubted his parking skills. No thanks, no gesture, no nothing again. Of course I didn't informed him that his license plate have been dented in half after that cos his head and pride is too suck up in the air to notice what's down below.

Gosh! I can't stand rude and arrogant people! What a way to start the New Year. Guess this year going to be the same as the last. Maybe it is time to resurrect the courtesy lion!

1 Comments:

Blogger ....::sPellb0und::.... said...

Seriously, i got a culture shock when i returned to sg last month. I was at a coffeeshop, decided to tied my long hair up into a ponytail coz the weather was so unbearable. In fact, i tied my hair in a subtle way. Suddenly, i heard someone shouted behind me telling me that my hair is touching over her food! The whole gin gang around me was looking at me as if i was in wrong.I was so embarrassed that i profusely apolgised even before i turned my head back. When i decided that i should be more sincere, i turned my head and i found that old auntie who shouted at me was almost 1.5metres away from me!!!

Without further hesitation, i walked up to her and gave her a piece of my mind. Well, i do despise rude people who do not have logic and brains and i think more and more locals are becoming to that extent.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home