Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lipoma Scar

Three and half years ago, I knocked my head on an engine stand during work. One month after that, a lump appear on my forehead. During that time, I thought nothing about it but it soon amplified in size and mass. The doctor classified it as a Lipoma growth.



Being the silly person I am, I thought: “Wow, cool. Just like a Luo Han (Flower Horn) fish.”
I was hoping to strike the lottery, as Flower horn fish is associated with luck and wealth. Of course, I did not strike the big money as often declared by contestants in Wheels of Fortune.


I consulted a couple of Chinese physician, spend a fortune on acupuncture and countless unconventional methods but instead of reducing my lump, all my fruitless attempt only exaggerate it further. Therefore, I decided to have it surgically removed 6 months ago.

Six months later, this is how my scar looks like.


I have to say, it is not too bad looking. Makes me look manly and present me with a story to share during coffee talk. . I am not the metro sexual type of guy and being old-fashioned, I frown on guys spending too much time and money trying to have flawless complexion. I am not being sexist but that is a woman’s rights. That is a woman’s domain. Men should be rugged and tough. But of course, that is just my old fashioned, unable to keep up with the changing of times opinion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just got my lipoma removed two hours ago and I'm worried about the scar (being a girl and all) but I'm happy that it won't be that bad esp it's on my back and yours don't seem too bad. It will disappear in time, for sure.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting mine out tomorrow, and was worried about the scar. It is on my chest, about where my rib cage ends.
Your story/pictures have put me at ease. Thanks for sharing.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home