Sunday, June 04, 2006

Soccer World Cup Germany 2006

Sometimes you wish for something but no matter what you do, you can never have it. When you do not want it or need it anymore, it pops up into your hands like Harry Potter doing his magic and you curse that it did not occur sooner cos now it is just messing with your head.
“Do I want it now?”
“Do I really need this in my life now?”

Sometimes you tried to look for something you lost but it can never be found.
Then it appeared out of the blue after you stopped looking when the urgency is gone.

I always wanted to travel to the hosting country of FIFA Soccer World Cup or at least be able to attend ONE match and watch it LIVE upfront. Tickets are hard to get, not able to take leave due to work or not enough money. So you can say I pretty much given up on that idea.

Now I have not one but TWO tickets to the World Cup Germany 2006 ! What’s more, it is Argentina Vs Netherlands, the former being my favorite team!! So I should be jumping for joy right? I should pack my stuff and leave the next day.

Ah...but life has a way of messing with you. My house has finally started renovation after months of discussion and designing. I need to stay and oversee the progress of the reno in case something goes wrong. My fiancee is leaving for the states for a business trip so at least someone needs to be around to run whatever errands or cock-up that may occurs during the reno.

Not to mention that it is the Great Singapore sale now (Although I can’t see how great it is judging by the percentage of discount different stores are giving. Looks just like any other ordinary sales throughout the year.) and I need to shop for furnitures, lightenings, utensils, curtains, decorations, cookeries, etc…etc…etc... Not to mention the amount of time I need to spend comparing prices, workmanship, finding suitable designs and be there when deliveries are made.

To make the agony of missing the match a lot more solid than it already is, both tickets are category 1 tickets. 3 Rows from the soccer field! ARGHHH!! At that distance, I can see all the player’s balls jumping in all directions as they run about the soccer field!

For those who have not seen the world cup tickets before, this is how it looks like.




There is a microchip embedded within the silver squre sticker on the upper right hand side of the ticket to guarantee authenticity.



The best solution in my case would be to sell it to those who may better utilize the tickets and enjoy the match up on my behalf. I have put them up for auction on eBay. Anyone interested can look it up and bid for it. Serious soccer fanatic who are going over to Germany for the World Cup can leave me your email address so I can email you the item number on eBay in case any of you don’t already have your tickets for the match up.

Sigh….what to do? You can say that with so much commitment at hand, my only hope is that I would be able to attend the World Cup in 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home