Thursday, February 23, 2006

Depression

I have depression. I do not know when it started. I am not sure how to get rid of it. It just creeps up to me when my soul and thoughts are unguarded and now it is invading my way of life and behavior. I heard from a friend that once depression hits you, it would never go away. The only thing you can do is to keep it under control. You will always feel its presence deep down somewhere in your heart and mind.

It is affecting me in every way possible. It is the reason for my Insomnia. It took away my laughter. I cannot even smile naturally now without forcing my facial muscles to fake it. Even so, the only thing I can conjure up is a weak grin. I am trapped in my inner soul, within myself and my scream for help is so far-fetch that it is out of range of anyone's ears. I tried to reach out my hand but no one is able to see me to help me. Moreover, they can't help cos they do not understand the rational behind it. When you ask them questions, they can't answer and kept quiet.

The worst part is .....I does not know what the root of my problem is!! I am lost.

If anyone has one or more of the following symptoms below, you might have depression too. Get out of the pit hole and ask for help now before it's too late. I am still raging a war within me, fighting with...myself, praying for salvation. Hopefully the “Happy” me can emerge the victor after defecting my inner adversary to tell the story.

Extract:

Not everyone who is depressed or manic experiences every symptom. Some people experience a few symptoms, some many. Severity of symptoms varies with individuals and also varies over time.

Depression

· Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
· Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
· Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
· Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed,

including sex
· Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
· Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
· Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
· Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
· Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
· Restlessness, irritability
· Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as

headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain

Click HERE for more information. I am currently researching on the subject and finding ways to overcome it before it destroy me. Apparently, you have to pay for the treatments and solutions, not knowing if it really works on you. There is no free lunch on earth right? This is one of the links: Todoinstitute

5 Comments:

Blogger ....::sPellb0und::.... said...

i am having insomnia too leh..so i resorted to buying sleeping pills from pharmacy.

*feeling tired but cannot sleep*

6:34 AM  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

I wish you all the best in your fight against depression. Don't forget to cry out to God when you get really desperate. He can help you.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Spellbound -- You lucky person you! Too bad S'pore banned the sale of sleeping pills in pharmacy.

I should have ask my fiancee to buy some for me when she's in the States a month back.

Michael Chua -- Thanks for your concern man. I'm trying to cope with it one day at a time now.

Getting near to sourcing out the root of the problem.

2:15 AM  
Blogger ~A4O~ said...

Relax my main man, deep breath. Check it out. I understand what your talking about. Depression or what I like to call bad thought gremlins. They enter in your head from god knows where and they hang out, until you rid them out and then they come back and you do it all over again. Only very very very passionate people feel what you feel. It's actually a gift, if you know how to use it right. You feel more than the average person. You pick up vibes from other people whether good or bad and they just stay. Find the center of your emotion and use it to confront all the others...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

THE SCRIBE -- Thanks for the advice dude! You hit the spot. So I reckon that you're one of those very very very passionate people right? :)

But sometimes if you feel too much, it won't do you any good either. Cause some things just need to be done whether it is right or wrong.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home