Sunday, December 04, 2005

Prankster

Yesterday when I came back from work in the morning, I saw my dad outside our house looking around the corridor area. We greeted each other and it was then that I was informed of what happened the night before.

Someone had vandalized our corridor walls with the typical loan shark trademark. The usual “Owe money return money #xx-xxx” scribbling across the walls with paint and #xx-xxx representing the house unit number. So what's new about it, I thought to myself. This is not the first time this sort of thing had happened. The neighbor below us once had their front door locked and wrapped around in steel chain preventing them from getting out while their surrounding walls proudly displayed the works of the debts collectors.

I glance around and noticed that the writing on the walls have already been erased and the only evidence left is the fresh new contrasting layer of paint covering them. I was dragging my tired soul into the house when my dad told me: “It was our unit number on the wall.”

Too shack out to react but a deep and shock ‘WHAT?!!’ screamed out inside my head.

“When did it happen?” I asked

“Last night when I came back from work round 9pm.” Replied my dad.

“You mean it happened in the evening?! When there were still people walking around coming back from work?”

“Yes. It was also written on the walls of our Malay neighbor beside the lift. They said that when they came home about 8:30pm there were no sign of any vandalism as yet.”

True enough, there were also a new coating of random paint on one of their walls.

“So it occurred between 8:30pm and 9pm in the evening with occupants INSIDE the house?”

“Yes.”

My goodness. What on earth is going on?! Both the Malay neighbor AND my younger brother were at home during that period. How could they not noticed or hear anything suspicious going on outside the door? These guys must be pros.

The police were called in and my dad was told that most likely it was just a prank played by some idiots who had too much time on their hand. Yup, too much time is what they're going to get...in the hospital when I get my hands on them! If I were home at that moment, probably all this commotion wouldn't have happened. I start questioning the situation awareness of my brother and our surrounding neighbors. I can't decide which is worse. Too trusting of our surrounding or too heck-care to bother?

Wait...for all I know, this could be the work of the knocker
(Loud sudden dunk dunk dunk music in the background with flashes of lightning strike.)

See related: Here and Here

1 Comments:

Blogger Mockingbird said...

These loan sharks should be put in the morgue, not just the hospital ;p

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home