Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cannot tahan man

The other day I posted a short comment on Mr Brown entry regarding two people being charged for racist content on their blog and in a forum :

Wah lau. There is really no freedom of speech in singapore. Though I don't support their actions on the racist comments but like this a bit too much man.

Posted by: Mr Lee Sep 12, 2005 2:22:51 PM

In return, I got this reply from someone:

good. :)

and i wish people made the distinction between freedom of speech and freedom-to-be-downright-disrespectful to another human being.

Posted by: anantya Sep 12, 2005 3:46:22 PM

Obviously, referring me to right? Since I was first to bring out the [freedom of speech] crap. Aiyo, as if nobody knew the differences.
Refer to my previous post on my views of freedom here.
Anyway, I replied with this:

Can't believe I was actually “reprimanded” for my comments. Ha ha. My goodness, people nowadays are really sensitive bout words and going in-depth unnecessary in between the line. Like a person seeking a fortune teller and only wished to hear all the good news. There is a difference between making a stand and trying to change the world, which is impossible.

Oh well, anyway I was never bothered bout skin colour and crappy stuff like that since it only limits the growth of a person's mind and horizon. To me, whatever colours you are born with, you're also just a person waiting for his/her time to come. That's all. Thus, I have a habit of letting unessential opinions pass through my ears and just continue with my thoughts. What's important is the truth. Think those two should have mentioned that particular Malay as a person instead of his/her race. After all not every bad seeds in a particular religion, represent the entire community. Guess they were too over powered by wrath that they didn't think straight. Now they're paying the price for it.

Posted by: Mr Lee Sep 13, 2005 6:49:43 AM

Come on people, there is enough conflict as it is. (I am referring to the blogging world here) So please don't add fuel to the fire. As entertaining as it is, the excitement and curiosity will soon die down after a while since it is the same bullshit over and over and over again. Two of the fervid disputes now are the collision between Rockson fans and ephraim and the rivalry between Xiaxue and Xialanxue.

Just click on their comment icon and see for yourself. Enough is enough lah. Let us just cast aside the indifferences and let them live their own lives. In addition, please do not be so quick to pass judgments and launch your catapult at the slightest possible hint that somebody may be stepping on your shoes. Like twisting the words of others and implying stuff that they (or myself) didn't mean.

Anyway, it's your mouth and opinions lah. Unless I am the tyrant ruler of the country, I couldn't do anything to stop you right? (Killing is an option but really not worth it man. Not to mention stupid in this day and age) So do what you will with responsibility and I will follow suit.

1 Comments:

Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

heck care about those pple.. they just wanna get popular to build on ur comments ;)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home