Thursday, December 08, 2005

We Finally Got It

After two long years of countless, exhausting and not forgetting to mention time consuming HDB housing Balloting, Walk-In-Selections and Build-To-Order exercises, we finally got the keys to our NEW HDB flat yesterday! Finally, never was I so happy to take up a loan from any institutions and to put myself in debts EVER in my life.

Being Chinese and somewhat superstitious, my fiancee and I went to NTUC fair price and purchased two pineapples. We didn't know exactly what procedures to execute for house owners wanting to enter their house for the first time but pineapple is a safe bet cos everyone is doing it. You are supposed to throw or roll the pineapple into your bare and unobstructed house before you enter. This custom is believed to bring you good luck and wealth while chasing away all the bad luck. Some hardcore people like my mum even suggested mandarin oranges and apples. Anyone know the actual procedures for this sort of things?

Pineapple is pronounced Ong Laiin Hokkein. Meaning Wealth come literally. (I am not even Hokkein in the first place but my fiancee is) Since it is no big effort and just some extra steps so I thought better to just follow the custom. Everyone wants good luck right?!

Especially now since our days of debt have started! (Monthly installment, PUB bills, TV and Radio licenses bills, ....) Really gave me a heart attack when I saw my hard-earned CPF money being wiped out to $0.
(It is the practice to deduct everything in your account first nowadays even if you have more than enough for the 20% or 10% down payment whichever option you chose for the payment of your flat)
My method is, the lesser the interest the better so I opt for the 20% down payment, which of course we paid more than that since both our accounts are now empty.

HDB sure is not wrong when they call our housing Flats. My wallet and CPF account sure is FLAT now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

Go into the new house must pray at every corner of the house.

Invite that 'thing' to leave the house and not disturb you...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

If there is those ‘things’ then I am damn unlucky since mine is a new flat. But then we can never be sure can we? So I am supposed to pray with joss sticks? How many is appropriate?

1:24 AM  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

Where is your new flat? :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Mr Lee said...

Michael Chua--It's in Punggol. Very near your place in Sengkang I see. Maybe we are able to each other in Compass Point someday. =D.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home